This website uses 'cookies' to give you the best, most relevant experience. By continuing to use this website you acknowledge and agree to our use of cookies. Find out more.

OK >

Arrived in or left the UK part way through a tax year?

If you're a PAYE (Pay as You Earn) worker and you either arrived in or left the UK part way through a tax year, you will be able to claim a refund for any of the unused part of your tax-free personal allowance in that tax year.

For example, in the 2014/15 tax year you can receive up to £10,600 tax free.

Depending on your circumstances, you may be able to claim back the tax-free part of your earnings if:

  • you arrived part way through a tax year
  • the income you earned during the year you arrived or left the UK was less than £10,000, or
  • you left the UK part way through the year, you intend to be outside the country for at least 3 months and you are not planning to return to work in the UK within the same tax year

Who can apply?

No matter your job, if you've only worked part of a tax year after arriving, or before leaving, the UK,  you could qualify for a tax refund.

Risk free!

Finding out if you're owed a tax refund is free and easy - and there's no risk! It only takes a few minutes to complete our easy online application form, and our team of friendly tax refund experts will take care of all the hard stuff so that you don't have to. And the icing on the cake? If we find that you're not entitled to claim a tax refund, it won't cost you a penny thanks to our 'no refund, no fee' policy. WooHoo!

Get Started Now >